- A woman is raped every half an hour in India
- One is killed every 75 minutes -- usually burnt to death for not bringing a large enough dowry
- Violence against children rose by nearly a quarter in 12 months
- Recorded cases of female foeticide increased by a half in 2004
- Crime against women has been on the rise for the past 10 to 15 years
We have a long way to go for eradicating these stigmas of crime against women/children, caste discrimintations and growing inequalities, even before we start considering ourselves as "Shining/Incredibling etc".