Why so much hunger?
What can we do about it?
To answer these questions we must unlearn much of what we have been taught. Only by freeing ourselves from the grip of widely held myths can we grasp the roots of hunger and see what we can do to end it.
12 Myths About Hunger from Food First/Institute for Food and Development Policy. Dated 1998, but still worth a lot of thought. Link has more details.
1. Not Enough Food to Go Around
2. Nature's to Blame for Famine
3. Too Many People
4. The Environment vs. More Food?
5. The Green Revolution is the Answer
6. We Need Large Farms
7. The Free Market Can End Hunger
8. Free Trade is the Answer
9. Too Hungry to Fight for Their Rights
10. More U.S. Aid Will Help the Hungry
11. We Benefit From Their Poverty
12. Curtail Freedom to End Hunger?
Any others or comments?